The new rules are:
– The presenter and stage manager will confirm that they have been given the correct envelope.
– PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) partners are prohibited from using cellphones or social media during the show.
– The two PwC accountants holding the envelopes will have memorized the winners’ list.
– Addition of a third balloting partner, who will sit in the control room, will also know the winners list by heart.
– All three accountants will attend rehearsals and practice what to do if anything goes wrong.
– Chairman of PwC will be personally involved with Oscar operations.